The Sevenbardot Poll Hereford Stud was started in 1960 with cast for age cows and surplus heifers from the Merawah Stud. Merawah was founded in 1926 by James Hilton Doyle as a Hereford stud and changed to polls in 1936. No horned bulls have been used at Merewah or Sevenbardot since 1936. Hilton Doyle had two daughters, Margaret (Gunn) and Judy (Mackay). Judy retained the Merawah prefix and Marg started Sevenbardot.
It was in 1960 that Margaret Gunn purchased females from Merawah and a bull, Castlebend Anthony, from Bill Williamson. This began Sevenbardot. Our herd expanded in 1964 with the purchase of 10 additional females from Woodlands and a bull, Kildrummie Torch. Margaret Gunn then took her half of the original Merawah cow herd in 1966.
From these humble beginnings we are where we are today still under the management of the same family.